Wednesday 7 November 2007

(nr. 76 ) 7th of November ... I am going to ask them in the JCPLUS
at an interview in 15 min. time to make the wording of the new contract I signed more precise. 3 coloured cards offering 3 weeks trial (no salary) were given to me by Annie (who wouldn't give me her surname) who said I should be taking them to interviews and give them to employers.
To cont. today. -
The contract (I was told it's an 'agreement', not a contract) remains the same, but clarified by Sharon (she wouldn't give me her name because 'it's unusual') as follows: if I apply for the job, which I really like and know that I can do, I should enclose the card ( I asked for more and now have 12 ) into the envelope with the CV.
The card actually says:
"I could work for you for a trial period of up to 15 working days.
A Work Trial will give you the opportunity to get to know me and see what I can do.
- You will incur no wage costs or expenses during the trial
- There is no fuss and minimum paperwork
- You get the time to decide if I am right for the job
- There is no obligation if the trial doesn't work out.
In return, I will be able to show you what I can do before you make your decision.
Please contact: JCP Walpole Road, Gosport ... 023 9220 2000 (Kath Rooney) ".
---------------------------------------------------------
Annie (who did not give me her surname because 'I am the only Annie here') said she would not apologize, because she was 'just doing her work' (re: false allegations about my 'not applying' for 2 jobs.) She admitted 'it turned out' that I did apply and did go for an interview arranged by them. Another interesting detail: she absentmindedly placed my jobsearch report into a file on her desk instead of giving it back to me. In fact I thought there was smth. unusual about the way she handled papers, so I checked and discovered the missing a4.
---------------------------------------------------------
More about today's interview in a couple of days.
------------------------------------------------------
IT IS A NICE SUNNY DAY TODAY IN GOSPORT !

No comments: